- Apply concepts related to learner differences and development to understand and identify strategies to holistically support a student with whom they work.
- Apply ELL theory in practice using a variety of appropriate strategies to support academic and language development with ELL students.
- Identify and selectively apply the best practices for inclusion of children and adolescents with special needs.
- Plan, teach and reflect on a lesson they created to develop a reading comprehension strategy in the context of a culturally relevant read aloud.
- Develop a lesson plan that incorporates multiple instructional strategies matched to students’ strengths and needs to differentiate instruction.
- Use a variety of informal assessments and strategies to inform observing, assisting, planning, interning and teaching in an educational setting.